Monday, June 23, 2008

Who cares about Waldo, Where's William?






William has been gone one whole week now. Lucky for us, he was able to take his cell phone with him. Not-so-lucky for William, HIS FATHER (please note, NOT THE MAMA) calls and texts him OFTEN.Too often. I mean, really. Give the kid some breathing room! Geez, next thing I know, Alan will be crying in the hallways at Church with his friends hugging him, hoarding all the chocolate...Good grief.

So, needless to say, I have taken appropriate action and Alan has lost the use of his cell phone until he can learn to control himself. Besides, isn't it supposed to be THE MOTHER who has a hard time letting go? HAHAHA

Our William spent five days in New Mexico at NMMI training for the LTC program before leaving for Fort Knox, Kentucky. ( We spent hours shopping for all his supplies, spent two days getting him ready, went to Wal Mart at midnight, packed his suitcase and when he got to New Mexico the only feedback I get from him is "Mom. You didn't pack any shorts for me!" Man, tough audience.) The cool thing about the program is they continually update pictures of the training and Alan has been stalking the site since William arrived in Kentucky searching the pictures in a grid pattern looking for a sign, any sign, of our son.

I was so sure I saw part of William's leg and the side view of his head--with his whole ear!-- in one picture and got so excited! (Seriously, we had long, heated conversations, debating on whether or not it was William. We REALLY need a life.) I am proud to say that in the most recent posting of pictures from Kentucky, we found an ACTUAL full-body shot of my baby although I'm sad to say, he is proudly holding a REALLY BIG gun. Yea, yeah, yea. I know he joined the ARMY but can't we all just get along?

We have posted the link below for everyone to visit. William is E Company, 1/46 Infantry. Click on Photo Gallery, E 1/46. Click on Basic Rifle Marksmanship then go to slide #4. There's my baby right smack in the middle of the group! Obviously, he's the good-looking one in the hat and cammies...

IF by chance, you spot my incredible, tall, handsome son in another slide, LET ME KNOW. I have to enjoy all this now, because when William comes home and finds out I am spotlighting him and singing his praises, I am a dead woman.

www.usaac.army.mil/acce/ltc_videos.html









No comments: